Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Grounded?

Last night I was complaining again about the fact that I keep skipping the gym. J was tired of hearing it, and he announced that I would be going back to the gym starting today, and if I don't he will ground me. When he said that, my initial response was disbelief. Ground me? Those were words I hadn't heard since I was a teenager. It sounded so weird coming from my husband.

J let me know that yes, I will be grounded if I don't get back into a gym routine. I didn't ask too many questions, but he did specify that I would be grounded from the computer, as well as getting an early bedtime. I don't know if the grounding would also include TV, phone, going out, things like that. I also don't know how long I'd be grounded for - an hour? A day? A week? I am hoping I won't find out. Being grounded would put a serious wrinkle in my day to day activities.

J's right though, without any consequences I get lazy and skip the gym. And then he has to listen to me complain about not having any energy and feeling flabby. And it's no fun to listen to someone complain about something they can easily fix.

I haven't gone yet, but I still have plenty of time. We are lucky to have a 24 hour gym, so I can still fit in a workout later this evening.

1 comment:

BabyMan said...

It looks like someone will be going to the gym! I think you'll feel so much better if you do. I'm looking forward to hearing about your consistency.