Friday, October 31, 2008

Jumping right in

My husband, J and I have tried unsuccessfully to create our version of a domestic discipline/LDD/CDD/whatever-you-want-to-call-it lifestyle. We've taken parts we like from different "schools of thought", and have found things we really like. But for some reason, we never stick with it.

This time it feels different, more real. I didn't try to tell him what to do this time, I let him take the reigns. We're not trying to lay out rules and charts and schedules this time. We're just going to take it day by day and see where it takes us. It feels more natural than ever before this time.

We started on Monday. J informed me I would be spanked at 6:15 that evening. The reason for this spanking was to get me back into the swing of things. I had gotten quite lazy lately. I love a clean house, but when I get lazy I don't clean much. I hate this about me. J is trying to help me with that. When I get regular spankings, I am much more motivated to get things clean. Later I get to reap the benefits of a nice clean house, and I am so happy I cleaned it.

These regular spankings also help me remember there are consequences for my actions. There is a certain way I talk to people sometimes that J hates. I hate it too, but I rarely notice I'm even doing it. When I do it, J will spank me or discipline me in another way. I find that I use that negative tone less and less. The regular spankings help me remember I am held accountable for my actions and the way I conduct myself. It is a feeling I love.

I realize this lifestyle is not for everyone, but it is definitely for me.

I have been thinking about starting a blog for awhile. I think it will be a good way for me to express myself, and writing is something I enjoy.

1 comment:

Samy said...

Hi Cassady,
I can well relate to wanting a clean house & not getting it accomplished. I would like to hire someone to do the cleaning then it would be easier to keep up somewhat. However I have to first get rid of stuff I have accumulated. It is good that you have someone to help on the incentive side. However I hope he does not add to amount of cleaning by not picking up his own clothes & things.

I hope you find a way with LDD/ALDD to stick with it and improve slowly.
I have never had a DD relationship (I am still single but looking for an HOH type relationship) but from what I read it takes lots of time & patience. Keeping it simple probably will help. Good Luck, Samy