Friday, February 5, 2010

The Scorpion's Sweet Venom

I have been feeling unwell again, so J and I have not been playing at all. I have been getting my regular reminder spankings, but even they have been brief. I am anxious to get over this sinus infection, and severe skin dryness, and cramps, and get back to our regular fun!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few days ago I mentioned a book I was reading "The Scorpion's Sweet Venom" by Bruna Surfistinha. It was a quick read and I just finished it last night.

The book starts with some background info about Raquel, the author. She's adopted and her family is wealthy. She is constantly seeking to push limits and find adventure. She doesn't exactly feel love from her family and at 17 decides to go out on her own. She very willingly becomes a prostitute and lives by her own rules.

She takes on the name Bruna, and in the book she switches between her reality as Raquel and her reality as Bruna.

She is successful at her job and mostly enjoys her work. She makes interesting observations about her clients. She decides to start a blog as an outlet and it becomes very popular, landing her in magazine and television interviews.

She gives a lot of pointers in her book about what people really want sexually but are too afraid to ask their partners.

She sets a financial goal for herself and when she reaches it, her plan is to get out of prostitution and go back to school for psychology. She seems to be very strong and level headed.

She does meet her goals and leaves prostitution. Her plan was to keep up with her blog, but it is an invalid link, now, so I guess she didn't.

I wouldn't call it a great book, but it was very interesting and I would recommend it to anyone who has an interest in her story. I like the way she seems so sure of herself, even when she's faced with an unsure situation. She seems to be easily able to separate sex and love, which is something I can appreciate.

1 comment:

B'Man said...

Thinking: I find it interesting that most people are afraid to ask their partner for what they want sexually. The emotional currency is too much to gamble. The rejection too much to take. It's easier to ask of someone when there's no emotional currency involved. We're so afraid of rejection. I suppose a prostitute would know these thing.
BabyMan